"Raggedy around the edges but full of truth and warm fuzzy hugs"

Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Quest to Become a Journalist.

Last year I went to the Edinburgh Fringe for the first time, began to move away emotionally and physically from home and went to University in London.

One year on...I have decided that University really isn't the place for me, been back to Edinburgh on my own and decided to embark on an NCTJ Diploma starting this September. I am genuinely so excited about this course, but the more excited I get the more nervous I become.

It is 14 weeks starting in September and it is going to be Intense. Really intense. This is where the nerves start kicking in. On one hand this is what I have been looking for but on the other hand, I haven't done anything for a year, University was anything but exciting so this is going to be...different.

I have learnt my Shorthand Alphabet and bought myself a 'Serious' Jumper for when September hits, it is all about the experience and making a good impression, so I am swatting up and doing as much research as I possibly can.

Why Am I doing this course?

I want to write. This is the big one really, Writing is what I do, some people have music, some can become doctors, but for me it will always be writing, it just takes over.

I am terribly nosy...I like to know EVERYTHING, what is going on? How has that happened? Why did it happen? You can tell me, I am really good at keeping secrets...I promise!

I love a challenge, Proving myself. Proving that even though I could never be a doctor (I have a strong, strong aversion to blood) I can still make something of myself.

This blog is therefore going to document my quest into becoming a Journalist.

Happy Jumper Buying.





emily.


No comments:

Post a Comment