"Raggedy around the edges but full of truth and warm fuzzy hugs"

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Shorthand

Shorthand is like learning a new language. It feels a bit like the world has taken away everything I have learnt over the past 19 years and gone...here's a book, time to start again. 

I have learnt my Shorthand Alphabet and am currently trying to memorise 'common words represented by letters of the alphabet.  


I have been pacing around my house; lying on the sofa; doing roly polys onto my bed, all because I keep forgetting what the common words for the letters L, P and Q are. 

I really want to watch 'New Girl' from last night but then I think of the 'dream' career that could come from knowing shorthand so shorthand it is.


If I were my dog, I would definitely think that I had gone mad...maybe I have...

A is able, able to, ability and after
B is be and been
C is once and offence
D is do and day
E is electric 
The e with two lines underneath is England...the two lines indicating a capital letter.
Then there is another adaptation of the shorthand 'e' which means every and ever
F is from
G is go and gentleman 
H is he 
I is I and eye
There isn't one for J. Poor J.
K is kind, like and knowledge
L is local and letter 
M is me
BUT the shorthand for m under the line means Time...I know I don't understand it either...I'm just going with it and not thinking too much about it.
N is and
N below the line is begin, begun and began
O is of
P is pence, page and police
Q is question and equal
R is are
S is south and southern
T is to
U is you

This is as far as I have got this afternoon. 

I have to go and make sure my dog doesn't think I'm crazy now.


emily



No comments:

Post a Comment