"Raggedy around the edges but full of truth and warm fuzzy hugs"

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Madness. I Am Going To Talk About It.




So here is the thing, I LOVE books there is no getting away from that, I always have one on the go BUT, I only really buy them so that one day when I am all grown up I can buy and proper adult bookcase and show them all off. I've bought all sorts. I think I (MOSTLY) enjoy buying them and looking at them more than I do reading them. Sometimes I judge the book very much by it's cover, but I don't then want to ruin the magic and read it, What if it isn't what I was expecting at all and I get sad? 
Mr McEwan is a favourite of mine, I thought that I wanted to be his friend until he said Creative Writing degrees (Which I did a year of) were a waste of time, I got very angry and decided that he would be a bad friend anyway! But I suppose now I have realised that the course I did was in fact a waste of my time maybe I can re-evaluate our fictional friendship. Maybe we can have tea in London some time. In the bookcase Mr McEwan sits next to Matilda, Giles Coren and Caitlin Moran so there you go, I am surrounded by lots of lovely people whether they are real or not.


 Ms. Sylvia Plath. THE BELL JAR. Let us talk about THE BELL JAR. I adore it, it is just one of those books filled with genuine madness. It is one of those taboos though, everyone, the moment depression or any of the other mental issues comes up in conversation tries to look away from, make sure that you are not looking at anyone else, you might accidentally, in that glance give an opinion that does not conform with the rest of the group. I really enjoy a story about mental health, blah blah blah I am sympathetic and empathise with the people around them, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy reading about it.

When I was 14 i tried to convince my family I was Bipolar, I'm not but I felt like I needed to be more interesting. No one believed me (Funnily enough) because I don't actually give off any signs of mania or depressions so my plan was ruined. Then I decided that my father had placed me in a state of forever childhood with his previous behaviour (It's not as interesting or dramatic as it sounds), that didn't work either because he didn't really have anything to say about it, so I just read lots and lots of books on the Father/Daughter relationship and that was fine but it doesn't actually fix anything, if anything it makes it worse, it means that you can see exactly what has happened in detail and you can see the ways to fix it but you can't actually fix it. In the end though I just decided to read about other people instead, it is a lot easier because I'm not mad I just like to create draamaaaa. I did say before I was an emotional rollercoaster of a friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment